Our mission is to provide a safe and cost-efficient roadway system throughout the County and its subdivisions. Routine services include drainage maintenance, road resurfacing, vegetation control, maintenance of traffic control signage, and dead animal removal. In addition to roadway and right-of-way maintenance, the Road Department maintains county boat ramps for public access.
- 1,706 public roads, totaling 844 miles
- Approximately 5,317 acres of public right-of-way
- Over 15,288 sign poles, with more than 24,700 signs
- 9 public lake access boat ramps
Our office is open 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday; closed Holidays
Current Road Status InformationLow Water Closures Current Road Work
Road and Pavement Issues
While we carry out regular inspections of roads within the unincorporated area of Comal County, we know that potholes and other problems may arise between these inspections, particularly when the roads have been subjected to drought or exceptionally wet conditions.
To investigate a pavement or road problem, we will need to know:
- An accurate location (including address, intersection, or landmarks)
- A detailed description of the problem (pothole size, position in the road, etc.)
We ask that you provide us with your contact details in case we need to ask you for more information. You can also receive status updates of your report by providing this information.
If you are able to provide a photo, this will also be helpful.
Please ensure you do not put yourself or anyone else in danger when obtaining details about the fault.
Report a Road Issue
- Give us a call: (830) 643-3763
- (830) 643-3763
- Or contact us by email