Comal County regulates the division of land through the Comal County Subdivision Regulations. In general, all divisions of property are required to be approved by the County and have plats prepared. However, certain divisions of property are exempt from these regulations.
The Comal County Commissioners Court has placed the administration of the subdivision regulations as a duty of the Comal County Engineer's Office. The Subdivision Coordinator, under the supervision of the County Engineer, administers these regulations.
The subdivision regulations are somewhat complex and cover a broad range of situations and conditions. In general, these regulations deal with the division of land and the following associated issues:
- Review of plats, replats, and amendments to plats
- Drainage improvements
- Water availability
- Wastewater treatment and disposal
- Road construction standards
Area Surveyors and EngineersView List
Rules and Regulations
Applications and Forms
- Form A: New or Revision Plat Application (Please use Revised Application October 2019)
- Form B: Amending Plat Application Package
- Form C: Amendment to Plat Package (for lot combinations only) (Please use Revised Application January 2019)
- Licensing Authority Recommendation for Private Sewerage Facilities for a Proposed Subdivision